Saturday, March 12, 2011

Come Take a Peek Inside My Art Studio

This is my wall storage unit that my dad help me build.  It is a great space for storing my large canvases on top along with my collection of books and small jewelry pieces below. I found some great storage containers at Lowe's and Walmart for keeping tiny jewelry findings and my hand crafted jewelry pieces. 
This is my art table where I am either drawing, painting, or assembling a jewelry piece.  This art table has been with me a long time.  My parents bought it for me during my third year in college.  It has a few battle scars but structurally it is in excellent shape.


I use the closet space as a tiny office.  I discovered this to be the perfect place to put a small computer table for my laptop. There is also just enough space for a few of my painting supplies.  Also featured is Black the family cat who often keeps me company when I am alone working in my studio.


This is my long work table.  My dad helped me build this as well.  We simply took a long piece of wood, (I think it was walnut) and attached it to the wall using heavy duty shelf brackets.  I have kept the wood natural, perhaps I may paint it later if the mood strikes me... who knows only time will tell.  I added some shelves over the table where I keep my yarn for crocheting, and a few other supplies.  I spend most of my time at this table.  I have a good view of my backyard to the right, and oh yes... the television to the left.

1 comment:

The Cat's Calligraphy said...

I love your art studio! I wish I had one! So, is that cup of tea on your art table your latest project? It looks so realistic! (Just kidding) :-)